UPPER-CANADA-L Archives

Archiver > UPPER-CANADA > 2006-04 > 1145937117

Subject: NEED HELP
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 23:51:57 EDT

My ancestors traveled from IRELAND to CANADA around 1830-1842. The
surnames I'm looking for are as follows:

McFALL, ARMSTRONG, AND REID/REED/READ.

JAMES McFALL
b. abt. 1820 County of Antrim. I have no idea who his parents are, how old
he was when he left Ireland and landed in Canada. I also don't know
through
which port he entered Canada.

MARY A (ARMSTRONG) REID - she was married to a man with first initial 'T'
and his surname REID. I'm sure they were married while living in Ireland
because they have a son ARMSTRONG REID born: 1837 County Londonderry
Ireland.
After arriving in Canada, they had a daughter, ANN(IE) REID born: abt. 1841
Ontario Canada. Sometime after leaving Londonderry Ireland, MR. REID
either died
or they were divorced. JAMES McFALL and MARY A ARMSTRONG REID were married
while in Canada. JAMES then moved his family between 1841 - 1850 to Wayne
County, Michigan (where they show up for the taking of 1850 U.S. Census,
Wayne
County, Michigan. MARY A. ARMSTRONG REID was born: abt. 1817 in County of
Londonderry, Ireland.

Would someone PLEASE help me locate any type of information on my family?

thank you in advance for your assistance

Lynn Dunk

This thread: