UPPER-CANADA-L Archives

Archiver > UPPER-CANADA > 2002-09 > 1033220216

From: "Lorine McGinnis Schulze" <>
Subject: [UPP-CAN] Re: William Weir m. Christine Graham
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 09:36:56 -0400

On 27 Sep 2002 at 23:59, Brian, Carol Trollope wrote:

> William Weir bn. in Scarborough, Ont. Can., in 1840's-1860's m.
> Christine Graham, are they on some census in Canada?
>
> Children: Janet Weir, Minnie Weir, and Marion Weir.

Right after sending my first answer, I found a family I am sure
is yours in the 1881 census for Ontario - because there is a
Graham family member living with the Weirs

They are living in Huron County, and it looks like Andrew and
Christiana may be your Christiana's parents

The children's names don't match except for Minnie but it looks
like a good possibility

Census Place:Goderich, Huron South, Ontario, Canada
Source:FHL Film 1375908 NAC C-13272 Dist 173 SubDist G
Div 1 Page 60 Family 265
SexMarrAgeOriginBirthplace
William WEIRMM33ScottishOntario
Occ:FarmerReligion:C. Presbyterian