UPPER-CANADA-L Archives

Archiver > UPPER-CANADA > 2000-10 > 0971919162

From: Virginia Sande <>
Subject: [UPP-CAN] Most-wanted
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 20:32:42 -0500

Seeking info on ALEXANDER WATSON & his children. He married EMILY KNOX
8 Dec 1844 in Esquesing Twp., Halton Co., ONT. On 1861 census for Peel
Twp., Wellington Co., ONT; Emily is head of the household with seven
children: HARRIET, Born 11 OCT 1845, Esquesing Twp.; GEORGE, born abt
1848; ELIZABETH ANN, born abt 1850, OLIVE AMANDA, born 1852; ELIJAH,
born about 1855; ALEXANDER, born 1858 in Peel Twp., Wellington Co.; and
EMILY, born 1860 in Peel Twp.

There is a gravestone marked 1859 for an ALEX WATSON in Glenallen Union
Cemetery, Peel Twp., Wellington Co. I've assumed he died about then;
but could he have divorced Emily; and where would I find that record?
Emily married THOMAS REEVES DAWES of Harrison, Minto Twp., Wellington
Co. on 14 Jul 1870. On the 1871 census for that location, the WATSON
children are listed as "Scotch".

The oldest daughter HARRIET married MICHAEL STREETER on 4 Mar 1869.
They were my great-grandparents on my father's side. I've not been able
to find any information on her siblings.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Gini in MN

This thread: