JOHN-L Archives

Archiver > JOHN > 2008-08 > 1219101038

From: "Dietz, Wiggi" <>
Subject: Re: [JOHN] I just noticed - Isaac Johns
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 16:10:38 -0700

Hey Cliff!!!! So glad to hear you are enjoying good health and are young and strong for your age. If you have your health, almost everything else seems to fall into place. Don't know about being too old but I know I do get frustrated by not being able to push my Isaac Johns back any further. Eventually, I do believe he's related to the Calvert Clifts bunch but I just can't seem to make that connection.

Decided to go down through another of his children in hopes of finding a key to go backwards. Does that make sense? Anyway, found a guy who descends from Isaac's son who moved to Rutherfod Co, NC. From there his family goes to SC, AR and AL. Told him to get in touch with you as there are a lot of southern roots in this bunch. Don't know if he did or not. Name is Larry Stegall. If he didn't send you his line. I'll be glad to send you what he sent me. Just say the word.

To get interest going in this group again I think you are doing just the thing. Posting different things and letting people respond to that. I miss this and hearing of the various connections others have.....just not my bunch, so far. But I have run into other connections along the way, and that is always fun. Even gained a copy of a picture of my 2nd great grampa, Jeremiah Johns, of Highland Co, VA, so this was a major plus.

Love ya, too!
Wiggi