JOHN-L Archives

Archiver > JOHN > 2003-06 > 1056414776

Subject: [JOHN-L] English Origins of American Colonists
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 20:32:56 EDT

English Origins of American Colonists, p. English Origins of AMERICAN
COLONISTS
WITH PARTICULAR REFERENCE TO NAMES OF IMPORTANCE IN THE AMERICAN COLONIES. BY
WILLIAM GILBERT,
[p.186] SOME NOTABLE DEPOSITIONS FROM THE HIGH COURT OF ADMIRALTY. BY J. R.
HUTCHINSON.
page 202
28. KYNGE, RICHARD, ParsonI. E., Guild — at this time nearly every parish had
its guild, which were voluntary associations established on a religious basis
for mutual help and prayer. Their funds were formed by annual subscriptions
and bequests. These guilds were suppressed at the Reformation because at them
prayers were offered for their deceased members.* of Nettiswell, Essex, 26
April, 1524. To be buried within the church of Aldermary. 20/- to that church. To
children of my brother Gilbert Howell, viz. Thomas, James, Mary and Cuthbert. —
My sister's children, viz: Robert Patenson and Paronell. My sister Margaret.
Residue to father Thomas Kynge and my mother (not named, but see probate),
they to be Ex. with my brother Gilbert Howell. Supervisor John ffawyden of
Southflete. Wit. Robert Tolle, Willm. Johns, Thomas Peercy, Richard Boydon and Sir
John Reed, parish preest of Aldermary. Pr. 24 Oct., 1524, by Thomas Kyng
(Executor named), power reserved for Katerine Kyng and Gilbert Powell. (P.C.C.
Bodfelde, 26.)

This thread: