AYRSHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > AYRSHIRE > 2008-08 > 1220195831

Subject: Re: [AYR] Samuel Tennant born Straiton
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 15:17:11 +0000

Heather,

I found the following for a Samuel TENNANT. The 1841 census did not show town of birth, but this is the only Samuel that I could find in the county. Also, in every census, Samuel's occupation was a sawyer.

Hopefully, his death registration on scotlandspeople will give his father's name.

Piece: SCT1841/578 Place: Ayr -Ayrshire Enumeration District: 1
Civil Parish: Ayr Ecclesiastical Parish, Village or Island: -
Folio: 0 Page: 20
Address: 6 Sandgate St

Surname First name(s) Sex Age Occupation Where Born Remarks
TENNANT Margaret F 50 Midwife Ayrshire
TENNANT Samuel M 25 Sawyer Jrnymn Ayrshire
TENNANT Ann F 15 Ayrshire
======================

SAMUEL TENNANT
Spouse: MARGARET KELLY [b. 1808 craigie]
Marriage: 06 JUN 1847
Ayr, Ayr, Scotland

===============
MARGARET TENNANT