AYRSHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > AYRSHIRE > 2008-08 > 1218622031

From: "Geraldine Curran" <>
Subject: Re: [AYR] GOLDIE,, DOWNEY, MORTON, TORRANCE, CRAIG
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 11:07:11 +0100

Now heres a funny old thing!

I sat down last night to go through the Riccarton Goldies on the IGI, to put
them in some sort of order to try and work out who belonged to who

My Mary GOLDIE born 1768 was in Batch No C116112 so I looked at all the
Goldies in that batch number

They are all female births!

I then had a look at all the entries in that batch no, for all surnames, and
there are no males listed at all

My William GOLDIE born 1764 is on the IGI as a LDS entry, although the
details are absolutely correct, as I checked with ScotlandsPeople

Has anybody any idea why only female births/christenings are on that batch
number? Did someone pick out the male births before they let LDS transcribe
the data? Its a real mystery!

Geraldine