AYRSHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > AYRSHIRE > 2008-08 > 1218558331

From: "Geraldine Curran" <>
Subject: Re: [AYR] GOLDIE,, DOWNEY, MORTON, TORRANCE, CRAIG
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 17:25:31 +0100

I was just trying to read some information about Riccarton on various sites
on the internet

It seems that in 1801, the total population of Riccarton was just under 2000
so it seems likely that any Goldies there, would be related

Here in the Hebrides people are related to each other, they dont necessarily
know how, but know that they are - generations back. Even in the small
village I was born in, in Yorkshire, there were people with the same name as
us, my Granny used to say "no relation", but Ive since found out they were
indeed related a couple of generations back

With the lack of Scottish records, my guess is that we'll never find out!

Geraldine