AYRSHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > AYRSHIRE > 2008-08 > 1218227860

Subject: Re: [AYR] MACKIE
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 16:37:40 -0400

Hello Mary,

I descend from Matthew Mackie of Ayrshire, who emigrated in 1865 and landed in Scranton, Pennsylvania, where later he married (second marriage) my great great grandmother, Mary Eleanor Hughes.? Matthew was part of a large family of James Mackie and Agnes Ross Watson.? James was the grandson of Matthew Mackie and ESther Arnot, also of Ayrshire.? I have some other family information, but will have to drag out paper copies as I lost a good deal of data a few years back when I bought a new computer and didn't save data from my Generations software correctly--silly me.

What does press-ganged mean?

?Gayle Thorpe Baar, MS, MLS
Irving, Texas
http://intogenes.blogspot.com/