AYRSHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > AYRSHIRE > 2008-08 > 1218124888

From: "Judy Minchinton" <>
Subject: Re: [AYR] andrew cunningham gravestone colmonell
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 09:01:28 -0700

Hello Robbie,

I have the 1997 book 'Carrick Ayrshire MI's pre 1855' and looked for your
Andrew and Catherine. They are not in Colmonell cemetery, they are in Barr
and their 'stones' are flanked by two other Cunninghams and noted as 'next
to' which infers they might be of the same family constellation if not
directly related.

On page 18 #95: "And Cunningham d Green of Barr 3.1789 83, w Anne Watson d
Clauchrieskig 12.1778 69, da Eliz d Clauchrieskig 7.1784 18"
My translation is: Andrew Cunningham died at Green of Barr in March 1789
age 83 years, his wife Anne Watson died at Clauchrieskig in Dec. 1778 age
69, daughter Elizabeth died at Clauchrieskig in July of 1784 age 18 years.

On page 18 #96: "(next 95) urn. And Cunningham 13.2.1895 94, w Cath Wright
d Garnaburn 17.12.1841 21"
My translation is: There is an urn on the tombstone. Andrew Cunningham died
on 13 Feb 1895 age 94 years, his wife Catherine Wright died at Garnaburn 17
Dec. 1841 age 21 years.

On page 18 #97: "(next 96) CT. David Cunningham fr Dallerburgh d 4.1.1776
74, w Elis Forgie 17.12.1802 78, gs David Cunningham late fr Miljo d there
25.2.1866 75"
My translation is: Chest Tomb. David Cunningham farmer Dallerburgh died 4
Jan. 1776 age 74 years, his wife Elizabeth Forgie died 17 Dec. 1802 age 78,
Grandson David Cunningham
Formerly farmer of Miljo died there 25 Feb 1866 age 75 years.

#96 appears to be yours, the others ??

I have no idea where the Miljo farm is - perhaps another Lister can
enlighten?

Regards, Judy in BC Can