AYRSHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > AYRSHIRE > 2008-08 > 1217644631

Subject: Re: [AYR] Andrew Rodger (Roger) / Martha Crawford
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2008 02:37:11 -0000

Author: MaryPaton94
Surnames: ROGER & TEMPLETON
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.britisles.scotland.ayr.general/13356.3.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Your messages reminded me that more than one of my relatives, including a great-uncle who came to Australia (long before I did) had the names George Roger - plus their surname Templeton. I had no idea where the Roger part came from until I discovered that there was a George Roger who was a minister - in Auchinleck - and suspect these children were baptized by and named for him. My great uncle was born 1882. He came to Australia with one of his brothers Alexander Templeton who eventually went to NZ. So - was there a George in your tree who became a minister? My grandfather was John Templeton, eldest brother in the family who remained in Auchinleck.

Important Note: